Breads, Brunch, Gifts, Luncheon
1/2 cup dried apricot halves
2 tablespoons butter softened
2 cups sifted flour
1/2 cup dark raisins
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1. Soak apricots in water to cover for 1/2 hr. Drain
2. Put apricots and raisins through food chopper.
3. Cream margarine and sugar. Add vanilla; beat in egg.
4. Stir in sifted dry ingredients alternately with orange juice.
5. Beat in fruit mixture, cleaning off beaters. Stir in nuts.
6. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan. (I spray bottom of pan only.)
7. Bake at 350 for 50 to 55 min. Yield: 1 loaf
Note: I double recipe and use 5 small pans and bake 40 to 45 min.