• 2 cans (14-ounce) Can Black-eyed Peas drained
• ½ whole red onion Chopped Fine
• 1/4 cup Sour Cream
• 8 slices Jarred Jalapenos or 4-oz can chopped green chiles
• 1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
• 3 Tablespoons Salsa
Juice of 1 lemon
• Hot Sauce to taste
• Salt And Black Pepper To Taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain black-eyed peas and partially mash leaving some whole.
Add all other ingredients stirring to combine.
Spread into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Serve with tortilla chips!
This is also good served without baking,
*Note: if you have them available you can use the canned black-eyed peas and jalapenos (they're canned together.) If you do this, you can omit the extra jalapenos.