• Wedge of blue cheese ~8 oz (cheap is fine, but it must be strong and salty)
• Few tablespoons cream or mascarpone
• A good grating of fresh nutmeg
• A handful of roughly chopped walnuts
• 2-4 tablespoons marsala (to taste)
• Cracked pepper
• Flat leaf parsley or seedless grapes (to serve)
Chop the blue cheese and place in an electric mixer. Roughly mix and add the cream to create a smooth, yet thick consistency. Add the walnuts, nutmeg, marsala & pepper until you reach the taste and consistency you like. Store for at least an hour in the fridge for the flavours to meld. Allow to come to room temperature before spreading onto crostini or crackers. Top with chopped parsley or a quartered grape to garnish if desired.