• 1 T extra virgin olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 t cumin
• 1 t curry powder
• 15-oz can pumpkin (or squash)
• 15-oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes with juice
• 8-oz can roasted green chiles, not drained
• 1 heaping cup roasted corn kernels
• 1 cup mild salsa
• 2-3 cups chicken broth
• 14-oz can coconut milk
• Chopped cilantro, to taste
• 2 tsp agave nectar
• 1 T dry sherry
• Juice from 1 fresh lime
Heat the olive oil in a heavy soup pot and add the garlic, cumin & curry powder; stir for one minute. Add the pumpkin, tomatoes, green chiles, corn, and salsa. Stir to combine.
Add the broth. Heat through to a simmer, and begin adding the coconut milk; start with one cup. If you like it creamy, add more. Season with salt, pepper, cilantro and sherry. Heat through gently and bring to a slow simmer.
Taste test and add the fresh lime juice to brighten the flavor. Stir. Add more spice if you need more heat; add more agave and/or coconut milk if you need less heat.