17 January, 2021
Posted in : Main Course, Recipe, Wes Fryer on by : Wes Fryer
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough thawed
- 1/4 pound low fat ham thinly sliced or shaved
- 1/4 pound genoa salami thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound mozzarella thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- grated Parmesan cheese
- sesame or poppy seeds
- Defrost bread dough. Roll into rectangle on highly greased cookie sheet. Layer meat and cheese over dough. Sprinkle with olive oil, oregano, basil and black pepper over all.
- Roll jellyroll style. Be sure edges and ends are sealed. Place edge down on cookie sheet, diagonally.
- Brush rolled dough with beaten egg. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan or seeds.
- Bake immediately or allowed to rise. Preheat oven, bake 350° for 20 to 30 minutes, or till golden brown.
Wes’ tips: Sometimes helpful to bake 45 minutes. Also good to sprinkle lemon pepper inside and on top before baking. Can change up meats and cheeses, provolone and Colby Jack are also good. Use at least two meats, salami always good to include. If smaller frozen loaves are used this recipe is enough for two. Try to just roll twice, this helps ensure all bread thoroughly bakes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!