Casady Spiced Cider
an amazing cider recipe from our school
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 16 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 lemons
- Slice lemons.
- Combine brown sugar and cider. Use cheese cloth (or a coffee filter tied with plastic wrap / butcher's twine) to make a sachet of the mulling spices
- Pour cider into a large stock pot.
- Add sachet of spices and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove sachet of spices and add lemon slides.
This is a recipe used by Sage Dining at Casady School in winter 2021. The quantities in this recipe have been scaled by a factor of 12. If you’d like to make 12 gallons instead of one gallon, refer to this scan of the original recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!