- 1 1/2 cups Crisco oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (heaping)
- 1 cup pecans (heaping)
- 3 heaping cups of raw apples (Jonathan, Pink Lady or Granny Smith are the best)
- Mix the oil and sugar, add eggs and beat.
- Add flour and seasonings. Mixture will be stiff.
- Fold in apples and pecans.
- Bake in a greased and floured pan.
- Layer 55 minutes at 350 degrees or Bunt 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees.
Mrs. Forsdick our neighbor on 38th Street, Lisa’s Grandmother. (Wes’ comment: Not exactly sure how the last instruction needs to be changed / corrected.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!