28 November, 2020
Posted in : Clara Ward, Main Course, Recipe on by : Wes Fryer
- 1 medium onion
- 2 pounds sirloin steak
- sliced mushrooms I buy them already sliced
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 cup margarine or butter 2 sticks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- cooking sherry optional, I never use it.
- Chop onions coarsely.
- Cut steak in very thin slices, trim excess fat.
- Slice mushrooms and brown with meat in margarine.
- Add onion and remove from heat.
- Combine soup, sour cream and seasonings. Add to meat.
- Cover and simmer for one hour.
- Serve over cooked noodles or rice.
- Just before serving, two tablespoons of cooking sherry may be added.
by Al’Louise Ramp, Friend in Canadian
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!