I cooked chicken wings this afternoon for Saturday lunch. This is becoming a relatively frequent favorite. I used Costco’s Wings, which include 6 packages, and cooked two of the packages, which makes a good amount for 2 or 3 hungry people. (Rachel and I ate almost all of them.) I have not yet tried the 10 pound bag of Kirkland Wings, but hope to soon. This was a 30 minute cook at 400 degrees, followed by a “dusting” with Kosmos Garlic Parmesan Wing Dust.
BBQ Log book documentation
- RecTeq RT-700 smoker preheated to 400 degrees.
- Smoker pellet hoppers loaded with GMG Premium Gold Pellets (I buy them locally at Norick’s True Value.)
- Frozen wings defrosted a couple hours submerged in cool water, then moved to the fridge.
- No binder or prep for the wings, put them directly on the grill.
- Cooked for 30 minutes.
- Tested temperature, looking for at least 165 degrees. Temps were in the 170s to 180s.
- Removed from the grill and put into a bowl, then lightly “dusted” with the Wing Dust.