Chocolate Meringue Pie
Pie crust for 9 inch pie
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks beaten (Save the whites)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, cocoa and milk.
- Cook and stir over low heat until thick.
- Beat egg yolks.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs, then stir the egg and pudding mixture into saucepan and cook until thick.
- Add butter and vanilla.
- Pour into baked pastry shell and top with meringue.
- Brown in 375 degree oven for 10 minutes or until brown.
I am lazy and don’t like to stir the pudding while it cooks, so I mix all but the eggs and put it in the microwave. Put some waxed paper on top of it. When it starts to boil, I take it out and add the eggs as directed, then return it to the microwave for a few more minutes. Add the butter and vanilla. Be sure to stir the eggs in really well or it will be lumpy. (Have nuts in it, as the grandchildren would say) via Homemaking Teachers Cookbook
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!