Finger Lickin’ Chicken
- 1 spray Spray Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp Kickin' Chicken Finger Lickin' via Jill Rumbaugh
- 4 Chicken leg quarters
- Pre-Heat your wood pellet smoker to 400 degrees F.
- With your gloves on, skin the chicken quarters.
- Spray a light coating of canola oil on each side.
- Use a tea spoon to sprinkle a light coating of seasoning over both sides of the chicken.
- Cook the chicken for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. (No flip required)
- Remove from the heat and enjoy!
Thanks to my friend and teaching colleague, Jill Rumbaugh, I learned about the amazing “Kickin’ Chicken Finger Lickin” seasoning rub several years ago, during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a simple recipe for cooking chicken quarters, but you can use this spice rub on any type of chicken. Chicken thighs (bone-in or boneless) and chicken quarters are my favorite parts of a chicken to grill, but it’s tasty with any part! I recommend using a spray Canola or olive oil as a binder, before sprinkling on the rub. Cook 45 minutes at 400 degrees F on a wood pellet smoker and you should be good-to-go! Be sure to also check out my instructional video about this recipe!