King Ranch Chicken
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies undrained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 12 corn tortillas 6 inch, torn into bite-size pieces, or tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese 2 cups = 8 oz
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in both soups, undrained tomatoes and chicken.
- Layer one-half each of tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese evenly in dish. Repeat layers again. Bake uncovered 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Original recipe via ReadySetEat.com and Rotel. In the attached photo version I did not have green bell pepper, it’s a good addition to include if you can. May want to use regular or spicy Rotel instead of mild, depending on your family’s spice preference. Also can be good to top with sour cream!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!