Cucumber, Tomato and Onion Salad
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper fresh
- 3 medium cucumbers peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half or quarters (Can substitute larger tomatoes cut into wedges. A medley of different colors of cherry / small tomatoes is best!)
- 1 onion chopped into small pieces
- Whisk water, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion and stir to coat.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- This recipe gets better with age. If you can refrigerate overnight before serving, it's even better!
This recipe is slightly adapted from “Marinated Cucumber, Onion, and Tomato Salad.” It’s best as a summer dish with fresh veges from the local farmer’s market or your own garden, if you grow cucumbers, tomatoes and/or onions! We like to enjoy this salad with barbecue or with grilled burgers.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!