26 November, 2020
Posted in : Bread, Clara Ward on by : Clara Ward
- 2 cups sugar1 cup buttermilk
- 4 eggs1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt1 cups pecans optional
- 3 cups flourgrated rind from 1 lemon
- 1 cup margarine
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees
- Bake for 1 hour.
- While bread is baking, juice three lemons.
- Mix the the lemon juice with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Pour over bread immediately after removing from the oven.
Makes 2 large or 3 medium loaves. Jennifer and Melissa (Tubbs Fourth Grade Students)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!