26 November, 2020
Posted in : Clara Ward, Dessert on by : Clara Ward
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 18 1/2 oz. pkg. yellow cake mix
- 1 3 3/4 oz. pkg. Jell-O vanilla instant Pudding and Pie Filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup Barcardi dark rum can use light, but dark gives better flavor
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Barcardi dark rum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 10 inch tube or 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan.
- Mix all cake ingredients together.
- Pour batter over nuts.
- Bake 1 hour,
- Invert on serving plate. Prick top. Drizzle and smooth glaze evenly over top and sides. Allow cake to absorb glaze.
- Repeat till glaze is used up. (Jana is very good at doing this! It takes a lot of patience.)
- Glaze:– 1/4 lb. butter– 1/4 cup water– 1 cup granulated sugar– 1/2 cup Barcardi dark rum
- For glaze, melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in water and sugar.
- Boil 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in rum.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!