South Carolina Pimento Cheese
- 1.5 lb sharp orange cheddar coarsely grated
- 0.5 lb Vermont white sharp cheddar coarsely grated
- ½ jar roasted red peppers drained and chopped
- 2 green onions finely chopped (use both the green and the white parts)
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco optional
- Duke‘s Mayonnaise to moisten & hold it together
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with a rubber spatula. (Do not combine all in a food processor!)
- Cover & chill to let flavors blend.
Do not use pre-grated cheeses. May change cheese proportions as desired & still be “authentic.” Originally posted to our family learning blog in April 2018. Thanks to Angie Fryer for sharing this recipe!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!