1 January, 2021
Posted in : Main Course, Wes Fryer on by : Wes Fryer
- fresh white kaiser rolls
- Black Forest Ham
- thin sliced provolone cheese
- That Pickle Guy New Orleans Style Classic Olive Muffalata
- Dijon Mustard
- Soft butter
- Turn your oven on broil
- Slice kaiser rolls in half
- Spread a layer of dijon mustard on one side of each kaiser roll, a layer of butter on the other
- Toast the buns on a cookie sheet about 4 minutes (Be careful not to burn the buns!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Put a layer of Muffalata Olive spread on one bun taking care to DRAIN excess olive oil before spreading it on
- Layer ham, pastrami and provolone cheese on top of both sides
- Keeping sandwich sides separate, toast in the oven about 7 minutes
- Put sandwich halves together, cut each sandwich in half, serve and eat!
Be sure to drain as much of the olive juice as you can before layering it on the buns. Some members of our family thought it would be better to layer olives on BOTH buns. I thought we should have more ham / meat than we did. Either way your results are likely to be delicious!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!