26 November, 2020
Posted in : Bread, Clara Ward, Recipe on by : Clara Ward
- 1 stick margarine melted in scalded milk
- 1 cup scalded milk
- 1 yeast cake or 1 envelope granulated active dry yeast. I use dry
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 eggs I set them out to get room temp. or put in a cup of hot water before cracking to warm them up, if I forget beforehand.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- Melt margarine in 1 cup scalded milk, cool.
- Dissolve yeast with 1 tablespoon sugar in the warm water.
- Beat eggs, add 1/2 cup sugar milk mixture, yeast and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Stir in unsifted flour.
- Put in refrigerator overnight.
- Divide into four portions, roll each portion as for a pie crust.
- Cut as a pie into 8 wedges.
- Roll each wedge from wide edge to point.
- Place into a greased pan.
- Let rise for four hours.
- Bake at 325 degrees about 20 minutes. (Can freeze and reheat wrapped in foil)
- Makes 32 rolls.
Charlene Hart (Rush Fifth Grade Teacher) Our family loves these! They need to be refrigerated overnight before baking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!