a pretty easy and delicious yellow curry dish
- Rice cooker
- Large ziplock bag
- 2 packages Blue Elephant Yellow Curry Sauce (available at Costco)
- 1 sweet Peruvian onion chopped
- 3/4 cup carrots chopped
- 6 small red potatoes quartered
- 3 cups jasmine rice
- 1 large bag small shrimp frozen, peeled, devined, tails off, uncooked
- 1/8 stick butter
- Seminole Fire in the Swamp Seasoninng
- Cayenne Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- vegetable cooking oil
- virgin olive oil
- Put frozen shrimp in large bowl in the sink under running water for at least 10 minutes until completely defrosted.
- Parboil quartered potatoes by putting them in cold wider so they are covered by several inches of water. After bringing to a boil, cook an additional 6-7 minutes over medium-high heat until potatoes are a little soft and can be easily cut with a fork.
- Cook rice in rice cooker with 1/8 stick of butter.
- Marinate thawed shrimp at least 20 minutes in 1/4 cup of olive oil, a generous dose of Fire in the Swamp seasoning (maybe 1 teaspoon), a dash of cayenne pepper and a dash of red pepper flakes.
- Saute chopped onion in vegetable oil in a large pot.
- In a separate skillet, heat 2 tbps of vegetable oil on medium high heat, cook marinated shrimp quickly till color is pink. remove from heat when cooked.
- Add chopped carrots and both curry sauce packages to the pot with the sauteed onions. Cook on medium heat, add drained, parboiled potatoes and cooked shrimp.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.
This is an “official version” of a shrimp curry recipe from Blue Elephant. I did not use this recipe as a model / basis, however, I put this together based on some curry dishes we’ve eaten and enjoyed at Shelly’s favorite Thai restaurant in Edmond.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!