Black Eyed Pea Supper Soup
- Cast iron skillet (for baking the cornbread)
- Crock pot or soup pot
- 3 cans black eyed peas with juice
- ½ pound of Jimmy Dean sausage cooked and crumbled
- ¼ Cup chopped onion or instant
- 16 oz can stewed tomatoes (fire roasted garlic is the best!)
- 1 dash Garlic powder
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon oregano
- ¼ Teaspoon powdered rosemary
- Tabasco (optional – for topping)
- Grated Cheese (for topping)
- Cook altogether 30 minutes on stove or all day in crockpot.
- Serve with grated cheddar on the top, and cornbread on the side.
- Optional dash of Tabasco sauce on top.
- Use fire roasted diced garlic tomatoes instead of stewed tomatoes.
- Use a full pound of sausage.
- Use a full onion, chopped and sautéed in the skillet first.
- Add a can of corn to the cornbread before baking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
"Cornbread" (CC BY 2.0) by Wesley Fryer
One thought on “Black Eyed Pea Supper Soup”
This sounds super yummy!