Black Eyed Pea Supper Soup
- Cast iron skillet (for baking the cornbread)
- Crock pot or soup pot
- 3 cans black eyed peas with juice
- ½ pound of Jimmy Dean sausage cooked and crumbled
- ¼ Cup chopped onion or instant
- 16 oz can stewed tomatoes (fire roasted garlic is the best!)
- 1 dash Garlic powder
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon oregano
- ¼ Teaspoon powdered rosemary
- Tabasco (optional – for topping)
- Grated Cheese (for topping)
- Cook altogether 30 minutes on stove or all day in crockpot.
- Serve with grated cheddar on the top, and cornbread on the side.
- Optional dash of Tabasco sauce on top.
- Use fire roasted diced garlic tomatoes instead of stewed tomatoes.
- Use a full pound of sausage.
- Use a full onion, chopped and sautéed in the skillet first.
- Add a can of corn to the cornbread before baking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!