Lean and Green Beanless Pork Chili
- Crock pot
- Rice cooker
- 28 oz can Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes (1 can)
- 28 oz can Diced Roma Tomatoes (1 can)
- 2 pounds smoked wild pulled pork (can use any kind of pulled pork – wild pork is more lean / contains less fat)
- 1.5 chopped red bell peppers
- 1.5 large yellow onions
- 2 chopped jalapeno peppers
- 0.5 pound sweet mini peppers (half a package)
- 0.5 cup chopped carrots
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Traeger Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp dark chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp. Oregano
- 2 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 3 cups rice (substitute riced cauliflower for a lower carb option)
- 3 bags Fritos (skip to reduce carbs)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 tub sour cream (can be "lite" sour cream)
- 32 oz grated cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
- Chop and saute the onions.
- Pour both cans of diced tomatoes into the crock pot.
- Add minced garlic, chopped bell peppers, chopped mini-peppers, and chopped jalapeños.
- Add all seasonings.
- Stir well.
- Cook on high 5 to 6 hours, then turn down to low or "warm" setting until ready to serve.
- Cook 1 or 2 batches of rice (depending on the size of crowd you're feeding)
- Finely chop cilantro.
- Serve with Fritos, rice, sour cream, grated cheese, and cilantro.
Chili has been a long-time fall and winter favorite of our family! This chili variation, however, is “lean and green,” which means it’s very light on the carbohydrates and works well with our “5 and 1” meal plan! (My wife, Shelly Fryer, is my health coach and can share more about this diet / food plan and overall wellness program!)
Follow “Cook with Wes” elsewhere too!
- On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/CookWithWes/
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CookWithWes
- On Twitter: https://twitter.com/CookWithWes
- On YouTube
All “Cook with Wes” cooking videos are available in this YouTube playlist.