Fried Jalapeno Eggplant
- 1 Cast Iron Griddle
- Heat oil in cast iron griddle over high heat.
- Cut and "sweat" eggplant into round slices (at least 20-30 minutes to remove bitterness)
- Briskly mix / whisk both eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Mix hush puppy mix and bread crumbs.
- Rinse "sweated eggplant slices" and dry on paper towels. (Remove bitter juice that has seeped out during the sweating process.)
- Dip both sides of eggplant slices in whisked eggs, dredge on both sizes in hush puppy / bread crumb mix. Set aside each prepared slice on an empty plate.
- Sprinkle a little Kosmos Garlic Jalapeno rub on the side of each eggplant slice which will be placed DOWN in the skillet first.
- When oil is very hot, put eggplant slices in the skillet to fry them about 2-3 minutes per side. (Don't let them burn!)
- After flipping each slice, sprinkle a little Kosmos Garlic Jalapeno rub on the top.
- Remove from oil / the skillet and place on paper towels on a plate.
- Allow to cool a little before serving.
- Optional (unless you are serving "long foot!"): Dip in Ranch Dressing
These fried eggplant slices taste AMAZING!
The photo may not look great, but the taste is SUPER.
This recipe was a happy accident. When making my favorite recipe for Baked Eggplant Parmesan on an evening when I didn’t have all the ingredients, I used available ingredients to create this appetizer.