Pineapple Cream Pie
- 9- Inch Pie Crust
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla
- crushed pineapple to your taste
- Combine cornstarch, sugar, salt, and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until thick.
- Beat egg yolks .
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs, then stir the egg and pudding mixture into saucepan and cook until thick.
- Add butter and vanilla.
- Pour into baked pastry shell and top with meringue.
- Brown in 375 degree oven for 10 minutes or until brown.
I am lazy and don’t like to stir the pudding while it cooks, so I mix all but the eggs and put it in the microwave. Place a piece of was paper on top. When it starts to boil, I take it out and add the eggs as directed, then return it to the microwave for a few more minutes. Add butter and vanilla. Stir well or it will be lumpy. via Betty Crocker
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!