- 6 eggs
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Pint rich cream
- 1 Pint milk
- 1 Pint Four Rose’s Bourbon
- 1 ounce Jamaica Rum
- nutmeg and or cinnamon
- Beat separately the yolks and whites of 6 eggs.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar to yolks while beating and 1/4 cup of sugar to whites after they have been beaten stiff.
- Mix whites with yolks.
- Stir in 1 pint of rich cream and 1 pint of milk.
- Add 1 pint of Four Rose’s and 1 ounce of Jamaica Rum. (adjust the liquor to your family’s taste.)
- Stir thoroughly and serve with nutmeg and or cinnamon.
- This recipe makes 5 pints of egg nog.
- My way: I beat the white and yolks together using 3/4 cups of sugar until they are real, reaI thick. I do not add the liquor to it, but let everyone add their own after it has been poured into glasses. Children in our family may have some too, using vanilla flavoring instead of liquor.
My Mother’s Recipe (From Four Roses Magazine Ad)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!