- Pastry for pie or biscuits
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 6 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup cream or milk
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup cut-up pimento optional
- Heat oven to 475 degrees.
- Roll out pastry and cut to fit top of 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Cut into 4 sections, place on baking sheet and prick. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Blend in flour and seasoning.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in broth and cream.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 min.
- Stir in chicken and pimento (optional).
- Pour into baking dish.
- Top with baked pastry or biscuits.
- Bake until biscuits are done.
via Betty Crocker
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!