Traditional Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup shortening part butter, or margarine softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla may half almond and half vanilla, if desired
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix thoroughly shortening, sugar, eggs and flavoring.
- Blend in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; chill at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Roll dough 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured board.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until very light brown.
- Sprinkle with sugar before baking or ice with frosting after baking.
via Betty Crocker
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!