15 Minute Venison or Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb round steak – 1/2 inch thick (can substitute venison – backstrap is perfect if you have it!)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbps flour
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (can substitute 3 oz can of sliced mushrooms)
- 3 Tbps butter or margarine (butter is best)
- cooked wide noodles (can substitute cooked rice)
- Cut meat diagonally across the grain in strips 1/4 inch wide
- Heat butter in skillet and saute chopped onions, add meat and brown quickly
- Add water and can of cream of mushroom soup (or sliced mushrooms including liquid)
- Heat to just boiling
- Blend sour cream and flour in separate bowl, then mix in.
- Cook and stir until mixture thickens, but don't let it boil!
- Serve with cooked noodles or rice
This is Clara Ward’s version of Beef Stroganoff, which Shelly likes in part because it includes Worcestershire sauce. She has more butter in her recipe, which always makes things more rich! Consider trying different elements of both versions of this recipe. Both are fantastic.