Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
two ways to cook a perfect breakfast
- "AirBake" cookie sheet
- Bake biscuits according to package instructions. Use an "AirBake" cookie sheet, if available. Make sure frozen biscuits JUST TOUCH each other on the pan before putting them into the pre-heated oven.
- Thoroughly brown the sausage.
- Add the flour, and gradually mix in the milk.
- Simmer for at least 10 minutes, 20 is better.
- Serve with scrambled eggs!
The scratch version of this recipe is modified from the Jimmy Dean version, “Easy Sausage Gravy and Biscuits.” If you use Pioneer Peppered Gravy Mix instead of flour and milk, you will just use water in the mix instead of milk. Be sure to whisk the mix in cold water separately, per the instructions, before combining with boiling water in a SEPARATE pot from the one used to cook the sausage. For many years I used to buy and make canned biscuits (if that’s what they are called). Not anymore! The frozen Pillsbury biscuits I recommend and link in this recipe are SO much better! Don’t mess with canned biscuits unless you’re going camping and/or cooking camping-style homemade doughnuts. (I’ll add that recipe here at some point too!)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!