Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
always a Saturday morning favorite!
- medium to large stove pot (I used a dutch oven)
- cookie sheet wrapped in foil
- 10 Pillsbury Buttermilk Frozen Biscuits (no need to thaw first!)
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean Regular Pork Sausage
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk (I used a little whipping cream in the video version, but that's just because I ran out of milk)
- 1 dash Fire in the Swamp Seasoning
- 1 dash Flatiron Pepper Co – Four Pepper Blend (go easy, a little goes a long way!)
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. (We have a convection oven, which reduces the temp by 25 degrees. So I set for convction at 400, and bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees. Perfect!)
- Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
- Stir in flour and mix well.
- Gradually add milk; cook until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Add seasonings as desired.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Ladle generously over split biscuit halves and serve!
A modified version of “Easy Sausage Gravy and Biscuits” from AllRecipes.com. Sometimes I use Pioneer Peppered Gravy Mix instead of preparing my own from scratch, and it’s equally delicious. Just brown the sausage separately, and add to the gravy after it’s prepared / cooked.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!