Roasted Shishito Peppers
- 1 Large ziplock bag
- 1 cookie sheet
- Aluminum foil
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 8 oz shishito peppers
- 2 tsp Traeger rub (chili pepper and garlic)
- Preheat oven broiler to high.
- Toss the peppers in a large ziplock bag with the toasted sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Season with Traeger rub.
- Place the peppers in a single layer on the baking sheet. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, then flip and broil 3 to 5 minutes more until blackened on both sides.
Many thanks to my mom, Angie Fryer, for sharing this recipe with me! We had this a few months ago when we were in Manhattan for a visit. These are SO GOOD!
The main difference in the way I cooked these and mom did is that I didn’t use kosher salt, but substituted “Traeger Rub.” It’s my standby vege seasoning now, it’s salt free, and just has garlic and chili pepper.