- 1 medium chicken
- 2 cups spaghetti I just cook some, I don’t know how to measure 2 cups of uncooked spaghetti
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 small can chopped or sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 pound American cheese grated (Velveeta)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 small can ripe olives diced or sliced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Bread crumbs You can make these by putting a couple of slices of bread in a blender
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cook chicken and save broth.
- Skin and bone chicken, cut in large bite size pieces.
- Cook spaghetti in broth. Fry bacon until crisp, then remove.
- In drippings, sauté onion, bell pepper.
- Add mushrooms, cheese, almonds, olives, chicken and mushroom soup.
- Pour into a greased casserole and sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake one hour at 350 degrees. (I really don’t think it needs to bake that long as everything is already cooked.)
If the mixture seems dry, add more broth. I always add some broth to the mixture before putting on the bread crumbs and cheese. I just add a little at a time until I think it looks right. via Juanita Forsdick, Friend from 38th Street
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!