29 December, 2020
Posted in : Breakfast, Wes Fryer on by : Wes Fryer
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- From the Salad Bar:
- ⅔ cup crumbled bacon
- fresh baby spinach
- minced onion optional
- minced red bell pepper optional
- fresh mushrooms optional
- Beat 1st 7 ingredients together.
- Sprinkle bacon over the bottom of the unbaked piecrust. Add spinach and onion & red pepper if desired.
- Pour liquid ingredients over all. Be sure cheese is covered with the liquid mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees, then lower temp to 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Let rest at least 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- May top with fresh tomato slices to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Some modifications of this quiche recipe were shared on the January 2019 post on our family learning blog, “Modified Recipe for Amazing Quiche.”