Yodler’s Cheese Fondue
- Fondue Pot
- Fondue Forks
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- ⅓ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup beer room temperature
- 1 lb. grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 loaves of French bread (cut into bite size pieces the day before, put out on a cookie sheet and allow to dry out / harden)
- Combine beer, corn starch and paprika and stir till smooth. Add beer, cook over low heat, stirring until thickened. Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- This is an easy and versatile fondue, and good served for Christmas brunch, anytime of day or for a midnight snack. Kids especially love it with apples and sausage dippers. Add a 4 ounce can of diced green chilies for a snappy change.
- (We like to double this recipe, make sure you cut French bread in square pieces early, giving time for it to dry out a little so it goes on fondue forks easier. Sometimes it helps to lightly toast the cut chunks of bread on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350° for about 10 minutes.)
Original recipe by Sheryl Metzler of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Shared by Angie Fryer.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!