This is one of our favorite (and most delicious) ways to enjoy leftover brisket!
Brisket and Chorizo Smoked Jalapeño Poppers
a delicious way to enjoy leftover brisket!
- RecTeq RT-700 Bull Smoker
- Metal smoker tray
- 12 jalapeño poppers (large)
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 block 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp Meat Church Gospel All Purpose Rub
- 12 slices bacon (thin, not thick)
- 1 cup leftover chopped brisket (add leftover chorizo if available!)
- Cut the tops off of the jalapeños and core them.
- Soften the cream cheese by microwaving about 1 min, 15 seconds at 50% power.
- Mix cream cheese, grated cheddar, minced garlic, and leftover brisket / chorizo
- Season generously with Meat Church Gospel rub, approximately 1 Tbsp
- Stuff the cored jalapeños with the filling.
- Wrap each jalapeño with a piece of bacon.
- Smoke at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours.
- Allow to cool at least 10 minutes, then enjoy!
These smoked jalapeño poppers turned out delicious! I left them on the smoker a little longer than planned, but the flavors were amazing. Cooked on my RecTeq pellet smoker at 350° for about two hours, an hour and a half would’ve been better. Here’s a link to the “Armadillo Eggs” video by Matt on the Meat Church YouTube channel I mentioned in the video/ Also here’s a link to my wife, Shelly Fryer’s health coaching page, if you’re interested in more information about our “health journey.” Check out more of my cooking videos on this YouTube playlist. Our favorite family recipes and more details about many of my cooks are on food.wesfryer.com. Follow my Facebook page, “Cook with Wes.”￼More ways and channels to connect with me connect and learn with me on social media are linked on wesfryer.com/after.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!