Picanha Black & Blue
a delicious way to eat leftover picanha steak and chimichurri sauce
- 8" cast iron skillet
- 1/8 stick butter
- leftover picanha steak
- leftover chimichurri sauce
- sourdough bread (fresh, thick sliced, toasted)
- multi-flavor cherry tomatoes
- blue cheese crumbles (fresh)
- Duke's mayonnaise
- Slice sourdough bread into thick slices (1 per person) and brown in toaster.
- Spread generous amount of Duke's mayonnaise on each slice.
- In cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Warm up (but do not overcook) leftover picanha steak slices.
- Layer warm picanha on slices of mayo covered bread.
- Spread leftover chimichurri sauce on the picanha steak.
- Chop cherry tomatoes in quarters, sprinkle over each open face sandwich.
- Garnish with fresh blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was invented by Shelly Fryer, thinking about other black and blue salads and sandwiches she’s had before. Cooked by Wes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!