Roasted & Smoked Eggplant
the most delicious way we've discovered to enjoy eggplant
- Pellet Smoker
- 8 inch cast iron skillet
- Chopping knife
- Silicone spatula
- Preheat the smoker to 350 degrees.
- Wash the eggplant.
- Cut the ends off the eggplant, and chop into cubes. Put into the skillet.
- Drizzle two tablespoons of avacado oil over the chopped eggplant.
- Season generously with Mrs. Dash seasoning.
- Mix up with the spatula.
- Put on the smoker for at least 45 minutes, 1 hour to 1 hour, 15 minutes is even better!
- Halfway through the cook, stir up the eggplant in the skillet one time, turning over all the pieces as best you can.
This is a SUPER tasty recipe, and is now our favorite way to enjoy eggplant. You can cook / smoke it at a higher temperature (like 400 degrees) for a shorter amount of time, like 30 minutes. When the eggplant is soft and roasted, it’s ready.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!